Saturday, January 09, 2010

Frog Hair

Have you seen fleegle's hilarious post about frog hair yarn? No? Go check it out, it's really funny. And... I have some! It doesn't have a lable, but I'm convinced that this is the genuine article, straight off the back of the notorious Psychedelic Frog. Proximity to this yarn has mind-altering effects on humans. Want proof? I think it's a great idea to knit socks out of the yarn on the right and finish the cuff with some of the yarn on the left.


No, I don't know why. It's one of those urges.
For something a bit tamer, a picture of a Fetching. I'm almost done with the second one, and they are going to a friend from work who has misplaced all of her fingerless gloves. It's cold at the office. These should help.


As soon as the Fetchings are done, I'm either going to knit a headband with the leftover yarn or, if there isn't enough, I'm casting on the Shipwreck Shawl. Maybe by then, the effects of the frog hair yarn will have worn off...

6 comments:

fleegle said...

Yup. I think you have some!
Gee, I need to get some of that for socks.

Fetching looks gorgeous!

Thea said...

oh no. Fetching looks lovely. The frog thing is hilarious.

kemtee said...

*snort*

I think I learned something new today! All of that stuff in the novelty section of the store isn't dead muppet pelts after all!

Vanessa said...

hey, I have some of that too!!

adrienne said...

Cute Fetching! Looks very cozy. And oooh Shipwreck, do it do it! I'm not sure I'm brave enough to start it, but I do hope to knit it someday!

Anonymous said...

Love your Fetchings! As for the frog hair, I'm at a loss for words, although the phrase "Oh no she didn't!" does come to mind...