Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Cupcakes etc.

Wow. I knew that, collectively, knitters knew everything! Thank you for the cupcake frosting advice, I'll be on the lookout for a large nozzle.
The vegan cupcake and buttercream recipes are from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World (amazon link). Check out the book if you're vegan. Check out the book if you're not vegan. The cupcakes are very yummy, and so is the buttercream. I use almond milk instead of soy milk because the thicker, fattier, nuttier texture of almond milk is closer to soy milk than thinner alternatives like rice milk. The results are fabulous, and even people who do the moo will happily eat these.

Sorry for the lack of pictures, the train had switching problems, I just finished prepping tomorrow's dinner, and the laundry is going... I'm beat.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I've heard enough reviews of the book from vegan and carnivore alike that it can't not be a number one read for this year.

Unknown said...

I think we have a deal - now we're off on our quest to become "real" lace knitters!

Also, I want cupcakes now. :P

Vanessa said...

I am not vegan, but I love almond milk, and now I want to try these. LOL!

Bonnie said...

Thanks for the cupcake book link!

ChestyLove said...

I recently came across a chocolate zucchini cupcake recipe...if you like, I'll see if I can forward it to you.

WV: LINGR. Do you have to let it lingr...do have you, do have to let it LINGRRRRR...

fleegle said...

I doubt that's frog hair yarn, unless you bought it directly from Kyrgyzstan. I don't think they are exporting quite yet. If you did go there, why didn't you buy enough for the rest of us?